Waiver Wire Week 8 Pickups

Charcandrick West, arrowheadpride.com

Cam Tierney, Staff Writer

Head back to the Ghostwriter website each week for more fantasy football tips for the rest of the season! Also, the players are in no particular order.

RUNNING BACKS

Charcandrick West KC
In week 6 we all thought West was going to be great. He was a bust. However, quietly he performed in week 7 while sitting on the waiver wire in many leagues after owners lost faith after one busted week. With Jamaal Charles out for the year, West is a solid Flex or secondary running back for now. Pick him up if you need an RB. (about 65% owned)

James Starks GB
If the Packers didn’t have a bye in week 7, Starks would be more popularly owned. Eddie Lacy is not playing well and is struggling with persistent injuries so far this season. Starks will be a solid Flex or third running back choice for the remainder of the season. Despite the likelihood of Lacy taking back over as the number one guy, Starks has too much upside to be ignored. (about 55% owned)

Darren McFadden DAL
Joseph Randle is struggling with injuries and last week we thought Christine Michael would be the guy with fantasy value in the backfield for Dallas. However after week 7, McFadden was given most of the looks. He played well and should be considered as a pickup this week. (about 40% owned)

Alfred Blue HOU

Arian Foster is injured once again. This means that Blue will be given the overwhelming majority of the carries in Houston. We know Blue has talent. However, he’s nowhere near the talent of some of the top running backs in the NFL right now, so don’t expect him to win you your matchup single-handedly but he is definitely a solid secondary running back the rest of the way. (about 20% owned)

Orleans Darkwa NYG

The Giants’ backfield is a four-headed monster. Darkwa played well on Sunday and the only reason he’s even on this list is because of last week. He is worth a stash on the bench if you have an open spot and want to see how it plays out. Definitely don’t expect anything immediate from Darkwa and don’t waste a high waiver order pick on him. (about 5% owned)

WIDE RECEIVERS

Stefon Diggs MIN

Teddy Bridgewater is a decent sophomore QB and it’s clear he likes Diggs as a wideout. Diggs has been averaging 9 targets in the past 3 games and he shows no signs of slowing down. He is definitely one of the exciting rookie wide receiver this year and should be added in all leagues. (about 60% owned)

Davante Adams GB

Despite James Jones playing exceptionally thus far in the absence of Jordy Nelson, Adams is a more versatile player and has more potential to be a consistent fantasy producer. Jones is heavily reliant on touchdowns and Adams has the upside to become a well-rounded receiver. Snag him if you can, even with a higher waiver order pick. (about 60% owned)

Rishard Matthews MIA

Why Matthews is only 50% owned is beyond me. He is playing very well and will continue to do so with Ryan Tannehill under center. Go now and pick him up. (about 50% owned)

Nate Washington HOU

Washington was injured for the bulk of the season so far. He had played well before his injury and few fantasy owners noticed his return in week 7 until they checked who did the best for receivers. In ESPN standard scoring leagues, Washington got 24 points in his return from injury. I am not totally sold on Washington yet, but he is worth a stash on the bench or if you’re in a dire situation at wide receiver. (about 6% owned)

QUARTERBACKS

Derek Carr OAK

I would put Carr in the same boat as Blake Bortles in Jacksonville, they were rookies on terrible teams and despite that they are having good years, fantasy owners aren’t taking enough notice. But I say no more! Carr has a great weapon in Amari Cooper and a nice running supplement in Latavius Murray. Snag Carr if your QB is underperforming at the moment or is on a bye. (about 40% owned)

TIGHT ENDS

Jordan Reed WSH

Reed is a solid talent, but he has injury issues. He had a good game in week 7, but he is definitely a risk for fantasy owners. That in mind, Reed is on this list as long as he’s healthy because he can definitely be a producer with fantasy value. (about 60% owned)

Eric Ebron DET

Ebron was injured earlier this year and now he’s playing well. He has the size and talent to be a producer for fantasy owners despite being a bit of a work in progress. Reed would probably be the preferred pickup this week, but Ebron is a nice second if Reed is unavailable in your league. (about 25% owned)

KICKERS

Brandon McManus DEN

Kickers will almost never be on this list, however the Broncos have somehow been able to move the ball this year without CJ Anderson or Peyton Manning performing particularly well this season. They haven’t been able to find the endzone often this year and McManus has been leaned on more often than not. (about 55% owned)

DEFENSES

Atlanta Falcons

Atlanta’s defense has been solid this season and they are playing Tampa Bay, so they should have a solid 8-10 point play this week in standard leagues. They are at home which gives them an advantage. Tampa Bay also does give up the most points to opposing defenses. (about 55% owned)