Boys’ Varsity Wrestling beats Tewksbury

Tewksbury pins Westford

Katelyn Carroll, Staff Writer

On January 23, 2016 the Westford Academy Boys varsity wrestling team beat Tewksbury in a close game of 36 to 32.

First up was the 160 pound weight category. Westford pinned Tewksbury by period three leaving Westford with nine points and Tewksbury with four.

Next from the 170 pound weight category was senior Tyler Silton. Westford pinned Tewksbury with no home fouls and two guest fouls, leaving Westford with twelve points and Tewksbury with four.

From the 182 weight category was sophomore Oliver Fournier-LeMay from Westford. After period one, Tewksbury took a break for a nosebleed and then continued shortly after. Tewksbury pinned Westford with four home fouls and ten guest fouls. The score went up 18-8 with Westford in the lead.

WA senior Charles Barnas pinned Tewksbury with a new score of 30-8.

Next up was junior Brennan Atkins in the 285 weight category. Westford paused due to a slight shoulder injury but then proceeded. Tewksbury pinned Westford and gained six points, changing the score to 36-14, but Westford remained in the lead.

Then in the 113 weight category, Tewksbury pinned Westford and gained six more points.

In the 126 weight category was sophomore Luke Donovan from Westford. After an exciting first period, Tewksbury pinned Westford in the second period with two fouls and none for home.

Last was the 132 weight category. Tewksbury pinned Westford in the second period, gaining another six points.

Westford Academy won with a final score of 36-32.