Make the most of every moment

All things must come to an end. Whether it be a fun weekend with friends, summer vacation, or high school, it all comes to an end eventually. That is why you need to make sure to enjoy things while they last.

High school is one of those things that throughout the process, you want it to be over as soon as possible, but when you do get to the end, you wish you had enjoyed it more while it lasted. Obviously each chapter of your life comes with its own exciting adventures and fun times, but you only get to experience each moment once.

You must cherish those moments in high school. Remember that funny story your english teacher told your class. Remember the field trips. Remember the group projects where you and your friends did more talking than working. If you don’t, then what was the point? Sure you go to high school to learn and to figure out your next steps and who you are, but you also go to high school to mess around with friends and create memories.

Personally, I don’t like math class, but I will always remember sophomore year geometry with Mr. Archambault. He would poke fun at the class, making jokes, which actually made geometry tolerable for me and I know for others as well.

For those of you who are trying to get through high school as soon as possible, I understand, but don’t rush it. High school is a time to take risks, to make new friends, and a time to learn about yourself.

I am definitely guilty of waiting for the end, but now that I am there, I realize that while that might have sounded like a good thing at the time, it really isn’t. I wish I had spent more time with my friends and not studying for that test that in the back of my mind I knew I was ready to take. I’m not saying that I didn’t enjoy my four years at WA, but I do wish I had taken the time to relish them more. Don’t make the same mistake that I did.