Tropical Smoothie Cafe mixes up some Tasty Smoothies

Nitya Kaza
Tropical Smoothie Cafe’s Colorful sign on Littleton Road

Recently, the Tropical Smoothie Cafe was opened on Littleton Road in Westford. They are a restaurant chain with over 1,150 restaurants all over the US. With a colorful, tropical yet minimal logo and interior, customers inside can enjoy smoothies in large cups as well as food like flatbread sandwiches.

As soon as I walked up to the employee at the register, I noticed that there was a huge counter next to them with a lot of natural ingredients in containers such as dates, almonds, oats, and cocoa powder. Another employee was making all of the smoothies out in the open.

As I perused the menu, I noticed many options for different smoothies, including a green smoothie. They even had edible straws to go with the drinks, which cost a little extra money. I ordered an acai berry boost smoothie, with a nice perk being that I was able to choose how much sugar I wanted in mine. The acai berry boost smoothie I ordered was delicious and had a nice consistency. It had pomegranate, banana, blueberries, and strawberries, and I added half sugar in mine. Since I ordered mine without ice, the cup wasn’t filled to the top, which made sense.

Besides the smoothies, the Tropical Smoothie Cafe also offers a variety of flatbread sandwiches. I am vegetarian, so I had my doubts about the flatbread sandwiches as most of them had meat of some sort on the menu. However, when I asked, the employee said that their sandwiches were very flexible in that they could take out the meat in the sandwich and even put in a meat substitute, which was pleasantly surprising.

I ordered a chicken pesto sandwich with a plant-based substitute. After ordering, me and my parents took a seat at one of the high-top tables, which were kept extremely clean. We waited for about seven minutes for our food and smoothies. The chicken pesto sandwich was also really delicious and had cheese, pesto, tomato, and, in my case, a chicken substitute. The combination of flavors was really delicious, and the sandwich also came nice and warm. The sandwich was the perfect size for me. The sandwich also came with chips as a side; they had many different chip options, and I ordered the barbecue ones.

Besides the food, the restaurant is located in a really nice area and is convenient coming off the highway. They also had free Wi-Fi, and, of course, there was plenty of parking space around. Overall, I enjoyed my experience there, and I think it’s a fun place to go whether to grab a quick bite with friends or to enjoy a refreshing drink.

9/10