Ghostwriter goes green

By Ashley Wright
Public Relations Editor

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! The WA newspaper is being revamped. Readers will no longer get their newspapers at school lunch, but online.

Janet Fonden, advisor of the newspaper, thought up the idea when brainstorming new ideas for the Ghostwriter.

After consulting with Kyle Macdonald, co-advisor, and Stephanie Gosselin, technology specialist, the plan was put in motion.

The online paper will provide student reporters with real newspaper experience, since many newspapers today are moving towards online versions. This will also allow these students more multimedia experience.

With the online newspaper, Fonden hopes that this will bring the community together as a whole, since the online newspaper will gain a wider audience to read it.

The online newspaper opens many doors, such as unlimited space, and videos. The Ghostwriter can provide its readers with instantly updated news.

Another pro about the new online Ghostwriter is that it is going green. There will no longer be newspapers left after students have finished reading them.

Hoping that students will take to this new forum, the Ghostwriter editors are making plans to set up a group through Facebook where they can publicize new stories.

“I am really enthused that we will be able to reach students via Facebook, thus, building a stronger community” Macdonald said.