Submission: VPA Art Show

Jake Stanglewicz, Submission

The students of Westford are frequently recognized for their excellence in academics, however now the community of Visual and Performing Arts will have an opportunity to display their creative genius at the first ever, district-wide art show for Westford Public Schools.

This free town-wide event will be held on Wednesday evening, May 8th, from 5 PM to 7 PM at Westford Academy, with a brief reception at 6:30 PM in the school’s courtyard.

The Academy will be transformed into an exposition of fine art displays and creative live performances. This celebration of young creators, kindergarten through grade twelve, will recognize the vision of these aspiring student artists and live performers.

This highlighted event is the brainchild of the Visual and Performing Arts Curriculum
Coordinator Andrea Mejia and Westford Academy Art teacher, Kelly Fitzsimmons. Both
educators felt that the town needed a coordinated occasion showcasing students from all schools to recognize and promote their creativity and artistic accomplishments.

The curators for the exhibit consists of five Westford Academy students who have taken on the project as their Senior Capstone.

Westford Public Schools Visual and Performing Arts education engage every child as a lifelong learner through examination, interpretation, and performance. Students analyze and create all of the emotional, cultural, logical, symbolic, intuitive, and physical aspects embodied in the Arts
to understand and share its beauty with their communities.