The Incredibles 2 makes great return after 14 year hiatus

Dan Allison, Staff Writer

When The Incredibles debuted on the big screen for the first time, the students from the Class of 2018 were 4 years old, and this year they graduated from high school. This shows the long absence of everyone’s favorite superhero family from theaters after the 2004 release.

The Parrs left us as they were preparing to jump back into crime fighting before the credits rolled, and now 14 years later, they picked up right where they left off.

When walking into the theater before the film, I had worried a little bit about how this sequel might not be in the same style as its predecessor. I wondered if the sequel could be ruined by the creators changing the formula and sending the series in a different direction.

Luckily, I had nothing to worry about.

The Incredibles 2, although more graphically pleasing with 2018 technology, still contains the same family we all know and love. The movie picks up right after the first one and does not miss a beat. The movie packs in a lot of fighting and action scenes with good laughs along the way.

Unlike the first Incredibles, the sequel focuses more on the family as a whole instead of just Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl as the family has to try to find a balance between normal life and being superheros.

We find two different perspectives of these lives through the characters. Mr. Incredible is left at home to fill the role of stay-at-home dad, while Elastigirl goes off to fight crime and flourish in the superhero lifestyle. Both find themselves at standstills as they are still getting used to the role switch, but eventually they get through it. We also find out a lot about many different characters along the way.

I’ll not give any more details as I do not want to spoil the movie. but if you enjoyed the last movie, you will surely enjoy this one.

The Incredibles 2 hits all cylinders and is a treat for all ages, and the creators left the story somewhat open for another installment.

Will we see the Incredible family again? Well, if we do, hopefully we don’t have to wait until 2032.

8.5/10