WA wins against Chelmsford at Skate 3

Chris Higgins, Staff Writer

On Saturday, January 21st, the WA Boys’ Hockey team and Chelmsford High School faced off at Skate 3.

The first period started off slow with only one penalty on WA and no goals. Suddenly with only two minutes left in the first, WA scored the first goal off of a shot by junior Sean Egan. The period ended with WA fans excited for the periods to come and the Ghosts up 1-0.

The second period started off well with WA generating offense off of a slap shot by sophomore Michael Mucci that missed the net. A few minutes later, freshman Jason Bunyon scored, giving WA a 2-0 lead. Then, with five minutes left in the period, sophomore Alex Sepe passed the puck senior Liam Pelosky, who scored, giving the Ghosts a 3-0 lead. 

The second period came to a close with WA still leading 3-0.

Soon after the start of the third, Chelmsford scored their first goal of the game. As the game got closer, the crowd became more excited.  Soon after, Bunyon scored again giving a breath of fresh air to WA fans in the crowd. However, with only four minutes left in the game, Chelmsford brought the game even closer with a shot from Chris Irving, leaving the game score at 4-2 in favor of the Ghosts.

In hopes to score on a power play, Chelmsford chose to take their goalie out with only two minutes left in the final period. WA soon got the puck and had a clear shot to the empty net.

The game ended with the final score at 4-3, with WA taking the win.