WA Boy’s Basketball loses to Cambridge Rindge and Latin 70 – 28

Chris Higgins

Sophomore Adam Scaramuzzo about to pass the ball

Sujosh Mukherjee and Chris Higgins, Staff Writers

On Friday, December 16th, the WA Boy’s Basketball team was conquered by Cambridge Rindge and Latin 70 – 28. From the start, fans were worried about the game’s outcome, because Cambridge Rindge and Latin is one of the best teams in the state.

It wasn’t until Cambridge scored their first nine points that WA finally appeared on the board with a swift layup. Cambridge responded with six more points. But WA fought back with another point and a breakaway. The quarter finished with a 3-pointer by Cambridge Rindge and Latin, making the score 18 – 6.

The second quarter kicked off with 2 free throws by Cambridge Rindge and Latin. After a three-pointer by Cambridge, WA returned to the board. After another point by Cambridge, Declan Morse for WA scored. After 8 more points by Cambridge, WA managed another basket before the buzzer, making the score 33-12 by halftime.

Both teams almost doubled their scores from the first quarter, with Cambridge Rindge and Latin pulling even farther away.

When WA entered the court at the start of the second half, they looked re-energized.  Cambridge kicked things off with 4 points, but WA deflected with 4 points of their own. After a couple mire points by Cambridge, WA scores a phenomenal 3-pointer. Cambridge attempted- but embarrassingly missed- an dunk. The quarter finished with another basket by WA, leaving the score 47 – 23.

As bad as things were, the fourth quarter was undoubtedly the worst for WA. WA was only able to fit in one three-pointer throughout the whole quarter, while Cambridge was able to earn 23 points. finishing the game with a score of 70 – 28. Their next games is Tuesday, December 20th at 5:30 P.M. against Wayland.