Second Annual Rajiv Paluri Night set for Saturday

Mahi Kandage, Staff Writer

This Saturday, November 5th, the second annual Rajiv Paluri International Night will be held at Westford Academy from 5:30 PM to 10:00 PM. The event encompasses some of Rajiv’s favorite things: football, food, and fall.

Last year,  Paluri’s father and Principal James Antonelli worked together to create a night of fun and food to remember Rajiv. This year, the event will include a throwback teen center to help keep his memory alive. 

“We want to make it more inclusive-as much as possible. I had the idea of throwing in the teen center as well, because, I just don’t think there are enough activities for you folks in the town,” Antonelli said.

The event will include many activities for students to enjoy throughout the evening, such as, karaoke, ping pong, cornhole, can jam, and more.

“There is going to be Indian dance in the cafeteria, there is going to be henna painting and so forth,” Antonelli said, who has been working closely with Rajiv’s father.

The night will have a myriad of cuisine from all around the world, as well as lots of pizza to enjoy from various locations.

“All it is, is a five-dollar entry fee, and you can eat all you want,” Antonelli said.

Many local restaurants such as Burtons, Evviva Cucina, the Ninety-Nine, Madras Grill, Rangoli Grill, Papa Ginos, and Dominos will be donating food to the event, but students and their families are also encouraged to bring in food. Those who would like to donate are being asked to email Mrs. Hilary Langille ([email protected]) regarding donation items.

Food donations can be dropped off on Friday for 7:00 AM- 3:00 PM in the main office, or on Saturday at 5:00 PM. Drop-off is at the entrance by the blocks on the right side of the school.

Donations of $5 per person will be accepted at the door and will go towards the Rajiv Paluri Memorial Scholarship. The Paluri Family and Antonelli encourage everyone to come to Westford Academy on the evening of Novemeber 5th and support Rajiv.

“This is something we want to keep moving, and I hope it goes on for a long time,” Antonelli said.