Silver Palate serves classic meal

A small sausage pizza.

Andrew Friel, Managing Editor

Pleasing the palates of WA students and staff for a number of years, Silver Palate Pizza has been a Westford food institution. Despite high reviews from Westfordians, this  citizen bias prompted the Ghostwriter to finally review this town staple. Was it worth the hype? We would soon find out.

This location is located in a modest strip mall, and is rather small compared to the other business adjacent to it. We entered to the mostly pleasant smell of fried food and cooking pizza.

The menu is located in a weird location, on the wall on an electronic menu board. This prompted a bit of confusion from customers who came in after us.

We determined we would pick up the Ghostwriter standard for pizza reviews, one small pizza (sausage in this case), a large order of chicken tenders, and a large order of fries. These items and two bottled drinks totaled about $25, pricy for a small town pizza joint.

While we were told our food would take about ten minutes, our fried items showed up in a little less than ten minutes, with the pizza following up pretty quickly afterwards. I found the employees a bit snarly and unhappy to be there, as if every order was something new and annoying.

The food arrived and we began to dig in. Beginning with our appetizers, the chicken tenders came in a massive portion, even for a large order. They were full of meat and had a perfect balance of crunch and tenderness. However, the flavor didn’t take us out of our seats, but by the same token, did not leave us wanting more.

Next up were the french fries. The fries also came in an even larger portion size despite the large designation. These were a bit disappointing, with a missing crunch and seasoning that left me feeling unfulfilled.

Then, the crown jewel of the establishment is the pizza. Although coming out hot, the pizza cooled down into a delight. The sauce had a nice taste, with a sweet tang. Plenty of sausage pieces topped off this pizza, and the cheese, while plentiful, added a soft layer of flavor to finish off the bite.

Silver Palate completed their mission in giving us a good meal, and appear to be consistent in their food. However, they did not knock it out of the park with us, and therefore, the Ghostwriter rates this joint 7/10.

Silver Palate Pizza is located at 64 Brookside Rd in Westford. Their phone number is (978) 692-6229 and their website is silverpalatepizza.com.