Trump Takes Tyngsborough

Anthony Cammalleri, Staff Writer

The "eccentric republican" Dean Blake showing is support for Donald Trump.
Photo by Anthony Cammalleri
The “eccentric Republican” Dean Blake showing is support for Donald Trump.

A line of screaming, jumping, enthusiastic Republicans was stretched across Tyngsborough Elementary School Friday October 16th as they awaited 2016 presidential candidate Donald Trump.

Controversy sparked when the radical politician, famous for his abrupt, politically incorrect, and ultra-conservative style decided to campaign in Massachusetts, a well-recognized blue state. There to protest Trump’s presence in Tyngsborough was Megan Amundson, Executive Director of Pro-Choice Massachusetts with a team of women’s rights/free choice demonstrators.

“Trump is trying to silence women” Amundson said. “He has learned that when he comes to Massachusetts we make sure that he knows we don’t like his anti-choice, anti-women positions and rhetoric […] He is scared to face us, so he has sent us to a spot to protest half a mile away from where the actual rally is happening. He has rented the entire (public) space around the school. He is stomping on all of our constitutional rights: our rights to access abortion and our rights to say ‘we don’t like it when you stomp on our constitutional rights’ ”.

Megan’s protest team was later permitted to demonstrate on the school parking lot.

“Women’s rights? We don’t buy it! Protect our rights or just be quiet!” Was being shouted by the demonstrators, while both male and female Trump supporters shouted back “Go home!”.

Meanwhile, many Trump supporters showed bold excitement before and during the rally. The most flamboyant of these was supporter Dean Blake, wearing a patriotic top hat along with a pink hair wig. When asked he said he was there to represent “the eccentric Republicans”.

Pro choice protest leader Megan Amundson.
Anthony Cammalleri

“We need a voice out there for those eccentric, kind of strange people” Blake said. “He [Trump] speaks his mind. He doesn’t care whose toes he steps on. A lot of politicians are kind of standoffish on that point. but not the Donald. The Donald tells it like it is!”.

Almost all Trump supporters admire his bold, in-your-face swagger. “He doesn’t play a political game” said a nineteen year-old political science student from Boston University.

Although lacking detailed explanations for his plans for this country, Trump attacked the ideas and personalities of his political opponents, calling Senator Bernie Sanders a “maniac” and labeling his ideas as communist. Along with this, he received a lively applause after his vow to “repeal and replace Obama”.

“Our country is going to hell” Trump claimed, promising to restore the United States to its former beauty. Does this mean the retrogression of civil rights for women and minorities? Many believe a nation led by Trump would turn back the clock on social rights. He claims to “cherish women” but has been accused of lacking respect for them.

“Nobody cares about the talent. There’s only one talent you care about, and that’s the look talent. You don’t give a s*** if a girl can play a violin like the greatest violinist in the world. You want to know what does she look like” Trump wrote in his book Trump Nation: The Art of Being The Donald.