Mark Your Calendars for the Epic Finale of Harry Potter

By Jenna Lee

Part 1 of the seventh and final adventure in the Harry Potter film series, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows”, is coming out on November 19, 2010. That’s only a few days away!

Part one begins as Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley leave Hogwarts to track down the Horcruxes that will destroy Lord Voldemort’s immortality. As Voldemort’s power grows stronger and the Dark Forces eventually take over the Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts, it’s up to the trio to save the Wizarding World from chaos and destruction.

Lisa Li, a sophomore, is one of the many millions of Harry Potter book and movie fans that can’t wait for the movie to come out.

“I’ve read all of the books and the last one was the most exciting. I have really high expectations for the Harry Potter 7 movie and I know this will be better than the others,” said Li.

Li also states, “I understand that the story for the last book is very long, and they split it into two movies to generate excitement, but I just know that after watching the first one I will feel empty for a whole year before the second one comes out.”

Directed by David Yates, the final Harry Potter movie will reveal the ultimate battle between Harry Potter and Voldemort, which has been Potter’s fate ever since he became “the Boy Who Lived”.

Alicia Desrochers, a junior, comments about her favorite characters of the Harry Potter series. She says, “Snape is creepy, but I love how he develops toward the end of the series. And you have to appreciate Harry Potter: he always does things for the right reasons even if it’s dangerous.”

Desrochers is already looking forward to watching the movie coming out in November.

“I am going to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at midnight and I’m going to dress up in full costume as Harry Potter,” said Desrochers.

Part 2 of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows” will be released eight months after Part 1 in July 15, 2011.