Going back to the Origins

Helen Fu gives her input during the discussion

Elizabeth Gillis

On Friday January 9, 2014, the Westford Board of of Health along with other co-sponsors hosted a film screening of Origins. Afterwards, they held a Q & A session with a panel of health nutritionists and WA graduates. At the end of the event one lucky winner went home with a brand new Fender electric guitar.

The panel of nutritionists included Ayla Withee, Helen Fu, Phil Jones, and WA graduates Chelsea Polevy, and Kevin Schiavonnne.

The filming took place over a period of four years, with an additional two months of editing before it was finished. The film was about how energy levels can impact the symptoms of depression, and how meditation can work to influence impulse control. Within the last fifteen minutes the movie was frozen for a short period of time, then continued where it left off.

During the discussion, the panel was asked about some ways to achieve health. Helen Fu gave her opinion.

“A lot of times when we talk about health it’s not just symptoms because we’re not just trying to treat symptoms; we really need to understand the importance of healing the whole person emotionally, physically, and mentally,” said Helen Fu.

At the end of the event, Mr. Antonelli came and pulled out the ticket of the lucky winner of the Fender. This ended up being a father of two Westford Academy graduates; his name was Tom Larrick.

Overall Zac Cataldo, a member of the Westford Board of Health thought the screening went over very well.

“It was a success,” said Cataldo.