Top 11 holiday songs

By Abigail Cianciolo
Editor-in-Chief

The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear, so why not have a repertoire of some of the best holiday music this season?

11. “Feliz Navidad” by Jose Feliciano

With a blend of English and Spanish vocals, “Feliz Navidad” is a great musical selection that will spice up your holiday radio.

10. “All I Want for Christmas is You” by Mariah Carey

This classic holiday tune is a sure crowd pleasure. With its catchy beat, it will be stuck in your head all season!

9.“White Christmas” by Bing Crosby

I am a fan of the classics, and Bing Crosby is the epitome of classic Christmas voices. His jolly voice and arrangement is perfect for even the youngest of listeners.

8.  “Little Saint Nick” by the Beach Boys

A key feature of the Coca-Cola holiday polar bear commercial, the Beach Boys’ Christmas track is a holiday crowd pleasure.

7. “This Christmas” by Chris Brown

The title track to the movie This Christmas is a great combination of R&B and pop blends to create a soulful holiday experience.

6. “The Chanukah Song” by Adam Sandler

Looking for some comedy to liven your spirits? Comedian Adam Sandler’s holiday parody is a sure way to bring some laughter to your home.

5. “12 Days of Christmas” by Straight No Chaser

Can you say aca-awesome? Straight No Chaser is a male acapella only group. This song incorporates the twelve days of Christmas we have all come to know with a modern twist that pulls music from other various holiday songs.

4. “It’s Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas” by Harry Connick, Jr.

Harry Connick, Jr.’s smooth songwriter voice is a lovely addition and a great way to start off the holiday season.

3. “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” by Bruce Springsteen

You may know it as the song with the man laughing in the middle, but Springsteen’s rendition of the classic holiday tune always puts a smile on its listeners’ faces.

2. “Baby Please Come Home” by Micheal Buble

The whole Christmas album by Buble is one of the best holiday CDs out there, and this song is a great component of it. With impeccable vocals and an  upbeat rhythm to the usually slow and sad holiday tune, “Baby Please Come Home”  is a celebration of love on Christmas.

1. “The Christmas Shoes” by NewSong
 Make sure you have your tissues out for this one! “The Christmas Shoes” is a touching story about a little boy buying a pair of Christmas shoes for his dying mother so she can look nice if she is to die that night and meet Jesus. A beautiful message and a beautiful arrangement earns this song the top spot in the count.

Our top pick of holiday songs.