UPDATE – Missing student found

By Ethan Walshe
Editor-in-Chief

Missing student, Westford Academy senior Rebecca Campbell, has been found and is being reunited with her parents according to WA Principal Jim Antonelli.

This morning an alert was issued to notify the school community of the disappearance of Campbell. Subsequently, principal James Antonelli announced to the school that students will be dismissed at 11:30 following a building on alert which commenced at approximately 9:45.

During the building on alert, all students were confined to their third period classrooms while a search was conducted. Police from surrounding towns including Acton, Billerica, Wilmington, Groton, and Lowell, as well as the Westford Police Department were seen on campus.

Teachers and other school officials had been seen patrolling the hallways as they searched for the missing girl.

According to Antonelli, the dismissal procedure will be conducted as follows:

Students taking a bus will report to the back of the building at 11:30 where they will board. Those who are picked up by a parent will leave at noon from the front of the building. Every car entering the school grounds will be searched before departure.

Any students who drove to school today will report to the main office to speak with dean Bob Ware and will then be individually escorted to their vehicles, which will also be searched.

Because of the situation, graduation rehearsal will now be held at 10:30 a.m. on Friday in the auxiliary gym. Scholarship night will still be at 6:30 this evening and the Senior Awards Ceremony will also be held as scheduled, tomorrow morning at 8:30. Last Night will also remain as scheduled.

All updates can be found on twitter, @WAghostwriter