Ghostwriter’s Guide to the perfect present

By Casey O’Connor

During the commotion of the Christmas season, it is often hard to find the perfect gift. Finding a gift for the right price can also be difficult. It’s challenging to find a gift that won’t empty your wallet and also wont look like a cheap, last minute find. Gift giving can even be stressful if you put it off and wait until the week before. Boyfriends, girlfriends, and parents are often the hardest people to find gifts for.

Alex and Ani bracelets are in high demand this year.

If you’re lost finding a gift, here are some ideas with links to the online stores:

Girls/Girlfriends:

Alex and Ani bracelets are  charm bracelets that come in gold or silver. They can be found at the paper store. They are a stylish classy gift and look good with any outfit. They are small and thin, so it is easy to wear more then one.

Pandora charms are a personal and stylish gift. You can choose specific charms that your girlfriend would like. There are many different options and different style, and color bracelets. There are heart-shaped charms, animal charms, letter charms, and filler charms which are beads with a colorful design.

Bath and Body works perfume or lotion smells great, and doesn’t cost as much as other gifts. There are a variety of different scents to choose from. Most Bath and Body works stores also offer special offers like a buy two get one free deal. These are perfect because you can buy a few and give them to different people.

Scarfs are soft, comfortable, and a perfect gift for the winter season. They can be worn many ways, and there are endless patterns and colors to choose from. Knit infinity scarfs are popular this year. Warm, cashmere scarfs are also in-style. White and black are popular colors because they can be matched with most outfits. They’re a great way to look good, and keep warm.

Concert tickets are a great gift which both people can enjoy. Going to dinner and then to a concert is a perfect date night. Concert tickets can be a more expensive gift, but are worth it. Find a band or singer that both people are interested in.

Boys/Boyfriends:

Video games are a great gift for a boyfriend or brother. Hot picks include Black Ops 2, Halo 4, Assassins Creed 3, and Madden NFL.

• Cologne– $30-40

Cologne smells good and is a great gift for a boyfriend or dad.

Cologne is a classy gift which smells great. There are many different scents to choose from. You could take a risk and pick a new scent you like, or buy them their favorite scent.

A hat with a favorite sports team on it or another personalized logo is a great and simple gift. There are many options on the hat type, and color.

Take him to see his favorite team play. Before the game, go out to dinner at a fancy restaurant or just grab some pizza. This is a great way to spend time together and have a memorable time.

Moms:

Candles are a great way to help mom spruce up the house. There are lots of different scents to pick from. The candles come in different sizes too. Either buy one or two big candles, or a few little ones.

Buy her favorite book or a new book she would be interested in. Either get a book at the local book store, get it on kindle or the iPad. Also,  Gift card to a book store would let her pick out her own book.

Moms are always looking for new recipes to try. Buy a cook book with easy recipes she would like. Either buy a book with desserts, or a book with dinner. If she likes to cook healthy food, there are many cookbooks with healthy and tasty recipes the whole family will love.

Spa gift card -$30-$100

Getting mom a spa gift card is the perfect way to show her how much you care. If you have siblings, putting your money together to get your mom this gift is a great way to give her a great gift, and not burn a hole in your pocket.

• Perfume-$20-40

Yankee candles are a perfect gift for any mom.

Perfume is a simple and thoughtful gift. Perfume is a great gift because it comes in many different scents. Play it safe with a vanilla scent, or take a risk with an exotic fruit scent.

Dads:

Buy a shirt from his favorite sports team. Also in this gift you could include a ball, or puck, depending on the sport. This is a great idea for a dad whose into sports.

Buy his favorite movie on DVD, or get him a movie you think he would like. Watching the movie together is a great time to bond, you can make hot chocolate and popcorn and watch the movie together. You could even buy this movie on Itunes so he can watch it on the go.

• Gift Cards
It’s hard to find things dads would like. If they have a favorite store, a gift card from the store is a good gift. This way, they can pick out their own gift.
Homemade Ideas for anyone:
  • Picture frame with a favorite picture
  • Mix CD
  • Photo album
  • Baked goods

Any of these homemade ideas are a great way to save money. You could even add these items to any already purchased gift.