Tim Edison swims to success

Edison in action

By Jenny Watts

Since the young age of six, senior Tim Edison has been making waves in the pool, rising to become the star and captain of the Westford Academy swim team.

Edison speaks enthusiastically of the upcoming swim season, “I’m really confident. We have a really strong freshman team coming in… we can expect a lot from the girls this year,” he said.

Edison has won several events throughout his high school swim experience, and excels at the sprint freestyle 100.

When asked what it’s like to win a race, Edison said “It’s a great feeling… high school swimming is a team sport more than an individual sport, so when you win a race it’s great to get some points on the board for your team… but any time you beat your best time it feels like a win.”

Edison has been swimming since he was six years old but became serious about the sport during his sophomore year. He is the only one in his family who swims year round, but his sister Abby, who is a freshman, does swim with WA during the winter season.

Edison also spoke of the importance of supporting his team.

“It’s really important to keep track of everyones success, to make them feel like a part of the team,” said Edison.

One of Tim’s proudest moments was qualifying for the “Speedo Sectionals” in Buffalo last year. There he competed in several events and beat many personal records. The athlete has also broken the 400 freestyle on the relay team for two years in a row.