Parish Rock Show bodes well for future events

By Ethan Walshe
Managing Editor

Local band Doss left the crowd in awe

On Friday, September 23, the first of many Rock Shows at the Parish Center for the Arts was held. The event featured many performers, each offering their own unique musical talents to an enthusiastic crowd.

Local band Doss left the crowd in awe

The evening was graced with many performances by Westford Academy students as well as local bands.

The night started with a series of acoustic performances, starting with sophomore Nick Nudler playing a number of covers. The acts continued with sophomore Chris Horsey performing. Junior Johnny Bergin played “The Cat Song” which has become very well known in Parish show circles.

Juniors Leah DeTolla and Emma Hurley gave an impromptu cover of Adele’s “Someone Like You” in order to fill up some time which had been left empty.

Sophomore Charlotte Callon closed these acoustic performances with a few original songs, one of which won her second place at WA Idol the following evening.

WA alumnus and Parish show veteran John McNamara wowed the audience with his guitar and harmonica skills, in his kickback set to the 1970’s.

Local bands took the stage next. Sophomore Alex Markoski’s band Doss played first. They impressed the crowd with a homemade light show as well as their repertoire of covers and original songs. Afterwards, local act Orange played a set of similar nature.

The evening was closed with senior Mitchell Cohen performing his dubstep remixes and original songs to the remaining crowd.

The first Parish show was a great turnout and offered many impressive performances. It set the bar for the rest of the year’s shows.