Hall runs relentlessly

Alisha Sabnis

Freshmen Rachel Hall is on this year’s varsity track team. As a freshman, she has exhibited excellence in the sport. Hall has contributed positively to the sport and continues to work her hardest everyday at practice.

Hall started running in fourth grade, but didn’t start track until two years later. She runs track in the summer and cross country in the fall. Eighth grade is when Hall started becoming more serious about the sport. She plans on continuing track in college and is going to Foss Running Camp this summer.

“My favorite thing about the sport is probably the team,” said Hall. “The whole distance team is close and it makes practice so much more fun”.

Hall’s teammates are also very supportive of her, especially the captain of the girls’ track team for distance, senior Bridget McCusker.

“Rachel is an excellent runner. She sets an example for the other girls on the team with her determination to improve,” said McCusker.

“Rachel is a phenomenal athlete who I have had an amazing time training with this season. She’s quickly become not only one of my favorite teammates but also one of my closest friends. She brings so much to the team in terms of ability and knowledge of the sport.  We really mesh really well together in terms of ability because we are stronger at opposite skills so we can really help each other out. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed working with her and I can’t wait for future seasons,” said junior, Julianne Clina, who runs distance with Hall.

Hall’s best time for the 800 is 2:33 and for the mile is 5:35. Last year, she qualified for USTAF which is USA track and field nationals in the 300. She also went in states for cross country last fall. Hall’s goals for the future are to qualify for the sectional meet in the 4×800 relay and in senior year to qualify as an individual for new balance nationals.

“My dad is a big runner, and he was really good in high school, so I want to be like him,” said Hall.