WITmas keeps things merry

Elena Gibbons

Senior President Caroline Burke stands in the black box.

Elena Gibbons, Staff Writer

Westford Improv Troupe (WIT) is a group of Westford Academy students that does improv shows; their next show will be this Friday and will be Christmas-themed with the name WITmas.

The show is on Friday, December 20th at 2:30 PM in the Black Box Theater, and it will be two dollars at the door for anyone who wants to see it.

“Everything is on the spot and it just comes from us. We have to get everything from our scene partner,” Senior President of the group, Caroline Burke, said.

Each show, they have a variety of games with different characters and conflicts. These are used to inspire their show and facilitate the scenes.

“We practice those and then, we talk about what went well, what went wrong, and the main things to think about,” Burke said about their rehearsals.

The atmosphere of the shows is very funny, and Burke said she often ends up crying from laughter during their rehearsals.

The group has a dozen members. It is made up of Cordelia Redmond (the Junior President), as well as seniors Harry Laushine, Jack Pappas, Connor Bellone, Burke, juniors Caroline Riemer, Audrey McCarthy, Paul Davis, and sophomores Alex Ross, Michael Ross, and Ethan Hausman.

They try to have a show every two months or so, and like to make them holiday themed, with names like WIToween, Come to prom WIT me, and WITster.

“It’s just a lot of fun. I think the audience likes it too knowing that we have no idea what we’re going to do, so everyone’s on the edge of their seats and the energy is really awesome,” Burke said.