Student Spotlight: Medha Jegga

The Ghostwriter had the opportunity to sit down and interview senior Medha Jegga for our Student Spotlight series. Read the transcript below for our full interview!

Q: Can you start off by stating your name and your grade?

A: My name is Medha and I’m in twelfth grade. 

Q: If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be?

A: If I had to describe myself in one word, it would probably be meticulous. I am a very detailed oriented, a very organized person, that’s like a very big factor in my personality.

Q: Detailed oriented like in school or just in general?

A: In general, just with everything I do, I love to be organized and pay attention to detail, and make sure that every aspect of what I do is to the best of my ability.

Q: If you could go to one place in the world right now, where would it be?

A: Honestly, right now, my bed. I’ve felt awful today so I would love to just go home and sleep.

Q: Have you been on any vacations that you really liked, or where you would go again?

A: I don’t really go on vacation, my family isn’t really much of a vacation family. But, it’s been a while since I’ve been to India, and I’m going again this summer. So that would be one thing I would be excited for, just to reconnect with my homeland.

Q: Do you visit your family there?

A: Yeah, that’s why I am going. 

Q: If you could get any tattoo, what would it be?

A: So, I’m turning eighteen soon so I’m actually going to get a tattoo but with my mom. We are each drawing each other little hearts, and we’re getting them on each other’s bodies so we will always have each other’s love. 

Q: Awh, that’s so cute. Are you and your mom pretty close?

A: Yes, very.

Q: That’s so sweet. I mean maybe like, it’s also your mom but if you could pick like any one person in your life to like to live with for the rest of your life, who would it be?

A: My best friend. We’ve gone on multiple trips together and I just know we work together well, so that’s one person I would feel comfortable living with. 

Q: Do you know where you would want to live, like in the future?

A: Probably, in an apartment, like New York or Boston, whichever one.

Q: Do you want to go there for a job, or work?

A: Yeah, that’s why I wanna go, to work.

Q: Do you know what you want to do?

A: Yes, I would love to be a corporate lawyer.

Q: Oh wow, that’s so interesting. Do you have any secret talents? Like, something someone wouldn’t know?

A: I’m very good at copying images. Like if you show me an image, I can copy it, and like most of the time I can do it from memory too.

Q: That’s very interesting, do you have a photographic memory?

A: Yes, but mostly in the artistic sense, not necessarily like reading words and reciting them.

Q: Okay and lastly, if you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, or I guess anyone, what would it be?

A: Probably, to learn how to prioritize, because there are so many things that you need to do in life, so many tasks that need to be done. Learning to prioritize really helps to break things down and make it possible to do so many things. So that’s what I would recommend, learning how to prioritize, figuring out what you need to do. 

Q: Okay I love that. Thank you!