Wright moves on

Emily Turcott, Staff Writer

Dianne Wright, a  teacher here at Westford Academy, is retiring after 18 years of working at WA. She is a special-ed teacher and has been teaching for 21 years.

Before working at WA, she taught at Lowell High School for a couple of months. Following her teaching experience in Lowell, she spent a few years working at the Cotting School in Lexington, a school where she pursued special education.

She decided to transition to Westford Academy because she wanted to teach a more challenging curriculum. Her love of the students she works with inspired her move.

At Westford Academy, she appreciates being included in English classes. She has many good memories from her 18 years at the school.

“I teach a small English course. I like to help kids who struggle become able to understand the literature,” Wright said.

As for life after WA, Wright has a few endeavors in mind to occupy her time.

“I plan on tutoring English, reading, and study skills,” Wright explained.

She adds that she has taken ceramics classes in the past and hopes to continue pursuing her art hobby. She is looking forward to spending time with her grandchildren, ages two and three.

Sparked by growing up in Salt Lake City, Wright enjoys outdoor activities such as biking and swimming. She spent her childhood swimming in the lakes of Utah.

Wright had some final words to share with the WA community, commemorating her journey as she departs.

“I thank WA for all the wonderful memories I have experienced and the great people I have met,” Wright said.