Boys’ Basketball Season Preview

Senior captains: (left to right) Eric McCord, Dan Cornelius, and Tommy Jacobsen

Ben Walker

Coming off a 10-11 record last season, the boys’ basketball team is looking to add more wins for the coming season. Senior captains this year include Eric Mccord, Tommy Jacobsen and Dan Cornelius. The team will be led by head coach Chris Bramanti.

WA basketball always goes by the slogan “Don’t be outworked”, meaning do not let your opponents work harder than you.

“I expect us to compete with every team we play […]”, says Bramanti, “and improve as the season goes on.” With hard work in practice, Bramanti thinks his expectations will be met.

The team’s schedule is also going to be a bit more challenging this year. Cambridge Rindge and Latin is new to the league and they are the favorites to win. However, the team also has a challenging out-of-league schedule, according to Bramanti. These teams include Wachusett, Somerville, and Chelmsford. WA will also play in a holiday tournament at Lowell Catholic during December break.

Bramanti also has some season goals he would like the team to fulfill. He wants the team to improve on rebounding and free throw shooting. Also, they would like to get more fans to their Tuesday-afternoon games.

The team looks to keep the ship moving in a forward direction for the coming season.

“We keep building  the program with guys who are committed […]”,  says Bramanti, “We have ten returning players, so they have a level of experience they should bring.”

The  Grey Ghosts will kick off their season on December 16th in Somerville at 7 p.m.