Eighth grade lies? maybe not.

By: James Knowles

It has been rumored that the freshman at Westford Academy feel that their eighth grade teachers have been misrepresenting facts about the high school experience.

Eighth grade teachers express that they do not exaggerate things about high school life at WA, or at least try their hardest not too.

Eighth grade social studies teacher Natalie Blake-Weber states, “ We tell the kids to be aware of what to bring to class a class b etc because in high school you can’t keep running back to your locker.”

However sophomore Jennie Natusch states that she can go to her locker in between every class.

Patricia Hartig, an eighth grade English teacher states that the said rumors are based on the “telephone game” in which that one person says something and by the time every one hears about it, the statement is nowhere near the same as where it started at.

Hartig goes on to say that any misconceptions the incoming freshman have are based on their personal fears.

Students at WA feel differently. Freshman Craig Johnson says that his teachers told him he would have a lot more homework then he actually is receiving.

Another freshman Jack Collins agrees, stating that he also feels like his teachers exaggerated.

As a whole, the students at WA feel like they arrived at WA their first day with “facts” that turned out not to be true.