Dolan keeps running

By Alisha Sabnis

This year’s Boys’ Varsity Track has done exceptionally well this season with one loss thanks to the team consisting of talented athletes. Freshman Jason Dolan is one student on the team who exhibits dedication and hard work everyday on the field.

Dolan started track in the sixth grade and also hopes to continue in college. His most special achievement in his opinion is that he won the mile run at the middle school state meet. His best time for the mile is 4:48 and his goal for the season is to run the mile in 4:39 so he is able to qualify for a meet.

Dolan runs year round, by himself in the winter and with the team in the summer. The aspects he likes the best about the sport is that it keeps him in shape and the races. During track, Dolan runs the mile mostly and sometimes the 4 by 800 relay. During DCL’s, he came in 3rd place for the 4 by 800 relay.

Dolan’s teammates and friends are also very supportive of him. They all know how hard he tries everyday at practice and during races.

“Jason’s a great teammate and runner. Jason always tries his best and to do better at each race. When he’s done with his race everyone knows he gave it his all. He’s the fastest freshman distance runner at WA!! He also knows the importance of a team and cheers on and encourages all his teammates,” said freshman, Adam Mullen.

Another freshman, Ryan Bowen, said “Jason works very hard and is very dedicated, he is one of the top distance runners on the track team and was in cross country as well. This is exceptional for a freshman. He also competes at a very high level in high jump”.

During this summer, Dolan will be running and eating healthy so he can improve for next season.