Girls’ Volleyball defeats Cambridge 3-0

The teams prepare for their final game
    The teams prepare for their final game

By Alok Ganguly
    Managing Editor

On Monday, September 22, WA Girls’ Volleyball defeated Cambridge 3-0 in a shut out match.

The girls started off strong, finishing their first game with a 10 point lead, 25-15.

As of late, the team has had little success on the court, losing several games after winning their first, but they refused to continue that tradition against Cambridge.

After winning the second game in a row with a score of 25-9, the girls became ecstatic, and the crowd followed suit. As they geared up for their final game, any spectator could notice that their success was due to their excellent teamwork and cooperation on the court.

The Ghosts started the third game powerfully and carried that through to the end, finishing it off with a score of 25-16. Both the crowd and the players realized how well the girls had played as a team throughout their game.

“I thought we picked it up a lot better than our last couple games, we were a lot more positive and I think we played better cohesively as a team. That’s what worked for us,” said Bridget Allison, co-captain of the team.

Both the team and fans are looking forward to the girls’ next game, and that they will continue to perform as well as they did today.

“They played better together as a team. They are developing, and will continue to develop every practice, every game, so I think today they did quite well together,” said Brandon Eang, the team’s coach.