New Teacher Profile: John Nidzgorski

By Jared Joyce

This is John Nidzgorski’s first year teaching math at Westford Academy. Nidzgorski chose teaching as a profession due to his experiences as a Sunday school teacher and coaching his daughters on their basketball teams.

“I really liked [coaching] and ever since that I had an inkling to teach,” he said.

Nidzgorski has had many teachers in his life, but one that stands out the most is his high school geometry teacher. Nidzgorski loved the way he taught and used him as a role model for how he teaches today. While math is his passion, he strives to become a girls basketball coach, something that he enjoys doing.

Previously a teacher at Nashua South High School, Nidzgorski has been teaching for six years.

“I think that students down here are more academically focused,” Nidzgorski said about the student body at Westford Academy.

While Nidzgorski thinks that Westford Academy is more academically focused, he lives for student success. His favorite aspect of his job is the students that he teaches.

“[The best part is] when I know they have understood something, and I know they get it,” said Nidzgorski.

Nidzgorski is also a residential and commercial contractor. He has been doing residential contracting for five years and commercial for 15 years.

Nidzgorski sees himself still at Westford Academy in twenty years,  and he hopes he will land a coaching job with the girls’ basketball team. For now, Nidzgorski said he will spend his first year getting more acquainted with the school.

View Comments (1)