Eileen Liu: Student of the month

By Kate Spinosa

Eileen Liu is a very dedicated student here at Westford Academy. She has been chosen this month for student of the month academic. Ken Culver who is the music department director nominated Eileen.

Liu has been a part of senior districts for violin throughout her years at Westford Academy. She was also a part of Allstates freshman sophomore and junior year. If you get into Allstates you can audition for nationals, as long as you are an upperclassman. At the end of last year 120 students from Canada and the US got in. One of these lucky students was Liu.

When it comes to trying out for districts 10 to 15 try out and 5 get in. 2 or 3 of these students get an Allstate recommendation.
For about 11 years Liu has been playing the violin. Music theory is her favorite class and as she goes to college, and starts a career she wants to continue violin but not have it be her main focus.

Liu hopes to apply to Uconn, University of Pennsylvania, Northwestern, Columbia and many others. In college she would like to study biomedical engineering and hopefully work at a healthcare facility.

Liu loves Westford Academy because it is such a close community and all the freedom. She says being a senior is different and she really enjoys it. There are new privileges and you get treated more like an adult.

In her free time she loves to listen to music and relax. She likes mellow calm music. Others things Liu enjoys doing is cooking and reading.
Click to hear more on Eileen