Just Go With It: Worth Seeing or No?

By Jenna Lee

A few weeks ago, the film Just Go With It, starring Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston, was released in theaters. Since my favorite movie genre was romantic comedy, I gave it a try. Fun Fact: it’s actually a remake of a Bollywood film starring Katrina Kaif.

The movie tells the story of Danny Maccabee (Sandler), who is a plastic surgeon who gets women using a simple strategy: pretending that he is unhappily married. He tricks every woman he meets to fall for him using only his fake wedding ring he finally finds his “perfect girl”, Palmer (Brooklyn Decker).

They go on a date and everything goes as planned, until she finds his fake wedding ring in his pocket. He makes up the story that he’s married but he’s getting a divorce: therefore, he convinces his secretary (Aniston) to act as his soon-to-be-divorced wife.

This was my third movie that I watched starring Adam Sandler: the first two were “50 First Dates” and “The Wedding Singer.” Both movies were pleasant to watch as it made me laugh and cry, sometimes at the same time.

I realized how talented Sandler was with his egg-shaped head: his actions and words were amusing despite the mild stupidity-he deserved to be called the man of comedy, in my opinion. Just Go With It is probably in the middle of the two movies I previously mentioned: better than 50 First Dates, but only decent compared to The Wedding Singer.

I know the acting of Jennifer Aniston very well, because of the TV show Friends, which I still love! She’s one of the best comedy actresses out there who can show a true down-to-earth character. It was no different with this movie, as she and Sandler had obvious chemistry throughout the movie.

First of all, it’s a classic movie, which means there’s not much of a surprise: the plot is predictable and you can easily guess what’s going to happen next. It’s entertaining with a couple of good laughs.

If you’re not a fan of Adam Sandler comedies or you’re expecting a deep revelation in the plot, then maybe you’d want to think twice whether this movie is right for you or not.
Overall, I enjoyed Just Go With It and it was worth seeing. It’s a feel-good love story with hilarious moments that’ll make your two hours feel well spent.

If you’re looking for a classic date movie that you would want to watch with your girlfriend/boyfriend or you just want to laugh away the stress of a long week, then this movie is perfect for you.