WA students take home awards from MVFF

and

WA students take a picture after the awards were given out

Chris Higgins, Staff Writer

During the fifth annual Merrimack Valley Film Festival, Westford Academy sophomore Mike Ricciardi and junior Chris DeLouchrey took home both first and third place in the Public Service Announcement category.

MVFF holds a festival every year where students in high school can submit their short film under the given categories (Drama, Music Video, Comedy, etc.) Westford Academy’s film students submit every year, and for the last two years have not won any awards, but they won 7 awards their first year they entered, with five students coming in first.

WA’s movie making teacher, Brandon Eang stated,  “the last two years we haven’t been doing that good”, so he was excited to see one of his students be able to stand up on stage and accept their award.

This year, the two students submitted their public service announcement video and took home the 1st and 3rd place trophies for the first time in two years. Ricciardi came in first with his film entitled, “Pedestrian Safety PSA” and DeLouchrey came in third with, “Re-live:”.
Every year, students pick a category in class, and are able to make their film and submit it to the festival. Although WA enters every year, Mr. Eang was excited to see his students win awards in the top categories since it has been so long since they have done well in the festival.