Ghosts defeated by Waltham 51-44

Senior Jonathon Glidden defending the ball.

Alisha Sabnis, Advertising Manager

Waltham defeated the Grey Ghosts in the Boys’ Basketball game on Tuesday, December 13th with a close score of 44-51. The game consisted of four periods, each being eight minutes long and filled with excitement from the players and fans of both sides.

The first period began with a promising start for the Ghosts. The first two-pointer was made by senior Jonathon Glidden within the first 2 minutes of the game. Sophomore Scott Beattie dunked the ball shortly after. Halfway through the first period, the score was 7-5. Waltham was able to pick up the pace and and math the Ghosts, with the period ending at an 11-11 tie.

The second period started off slowly with both teams playing defensively. The Ghosts had a rough start in the first few minutes with Waltham scoring a few baskets consecutively, which made the score 11-16 halfway through the period. The first basket for the Ghosts was made by Glidden, who scored a three pointer. Sophomore Scott Beattie was able to score another three pointer within the last 50 seconds which ended the second period with a score of 24-23 with the Ghosts in the lead.

The crowd seemed more awake and engaged in the game when the third period started, with many people cheering on both the Ghosts and Waltham. During the third period, Waltham was able to score a two pointer almost immediately which brought them in the lead 25-24. The first two-pointer basket for the Ghosts was made by Junior, Connor Pandiscio. The first half of the period was tough for the Ghosts with the score being 26-32. The last few minutes consisted of Waltham scoring more baskets with the period ending with a score of 27-37.

The fourth and final period started with Waltham scoring a two pointer within the first minute. Senior Armen Almasian was able to make a basket shortly after, which marked the score 31-42 with Waltham in the lead. The rest of the first half of the period included both teams defending their baskets so that no other points were scored. Waltham started playing more offensively in the last few minutes of the period, scoring 3 baskets. The Ghosts were able to score more points in the last couple minutes and concluded the game with a score of 44-51.

“We have a lot of work to do, but I’m happy we competed. I’m very pleased on how the game went and I think it’s a big step for us,” said Coach Chris Bramanti.