Bridget Jones is back

Alisha Sabnis, Advertising Manager

Renée Zellweger is back in The Bridget Jones series with another addition, Bridget Jones’s Baby.

The movie is filled with humor and jokes that kept the whole auditorium laughing from start to finish.

Along with Bridget Jones’s Baby, Renée Zellweger has starred as Bridget in the previous movies Bridget Jones’s Diary and Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason.

Colin Firth plays as Bridget’s lover, Mark Darcy, in all three films. He stars again to continue that role, but also fall into a paternal pregnancy paradox with Patrick Dempsey. Dempsey, who plays the persona of Jack, a recent beau who Bridget meets at a music festival.

The movie did an impressive job of portraying how no one is perfect. The struggle of finding a balance between family and work was played up in the movie as well.

Jones works for a news station and scrambles to keep her job as she comes to the realization that she is a 43 year old single mother-to-be. All while trying to figure out who the father of her unborn child is.

Ed Sheeran makes an appearance as himself when Bridget goes to one of his concerts in the movie. He sings his iconic songs Thinking Out Loud and Sing.

My favorite character was Shazzer, Bridget’s close friend, played by Sally Phillips. She is the one who helps Bridget become more independent rather than relying on others for support, I thought both of them conveyed the friendship exceedingly well.

Along with many hilarious jokes and comments which never fell short, Bridget Jones’s Baby had a few very emotional and conflicting scenes that really captured the moment. The producers did an amazing job keeping the audience engaged by experiencing a variety of feelings within a span of two hours.

Overall, I give the film an 8/10. I recommend watching this movie if you love romantic comedies or if you sometimes feel like your life is out of control. Bridget Jones’s Baby shows how there is no perfect relationship or way to live, which I think is an eye-opening change compared what other movies like Disney demonstrate.