Bravo Evviva Cucina

The+crazy+bread+served+with+the+three+sauces%2C+smoked+tomato+humus%2C+Calabrian+cheese+spread%2C+and+artichoke+mista.+
The crazy bread served with the three sauces, smoked tomato humus, Calabrian cheese spread, and artichoke mista.

Brendon Wong, Staff Writer

Evviva Cucina opened its business in Westford’s Cornerstone Square in 2013. This Italian restaurant features meals from pizzas to sandwiches. In addition, they feature many recipes from Italy, which are either authentic meals, or Old-School Italian-American foods.

As customers enter, they are greeted with the fresh scent of the summer air and soft jazz music playing in the background. The restaurant feels open with seats wrapping around the central bar. As customers take their seats, they are quickly greeted by the amiable and welcoming staff.

The Ghostwriter did not dine outside, but we did notice the delightful outdoor dining area featuring a blazing fireplace. However, it is open to the parking lot, so it would not provide a very intimate experience.

Their menu displays a wide variety of foods from their delicious “shareables” or appetizers to their Italian classics.

We start off by ordering Crazy Bread and Nonna’s Meatballs for appetizers. The Crazy Bread was served alongside three different dipping spreads. The flatbread was coated with herbs and cheese, and the dipping spreads were an artichoke-based dip, a Calabrian cheese spread, and a smoked tomato hummus. In my personal opinion, the smoked tomato hummus was the best, as it had a sweet and appetizing taste.

Nonna’s Meatballs consisted of three meatballs covered with the restaurant’s delicious, sweet tomato sauce.  The meatballs were both filling and flavorful.

The next food we ate was the Margherita pizza. The large pizza was topped with tomato sauce, house-made mozzarella, fresh basil, and Romano. The pizza was cheesy and very enjoyable. The crust was cooked perfectly resulting in a crunchy crust.

The final item we tried was an Italian classic, chicken parmigiana. This tomato sauce-covered pasta, was complemented by a portion of chicken covered with melted cheese. The chicken was well-cooked and tender.

In terms of the price, the restaurant was slightly expensive. Evviva Cucina is a great place for celebrations with friends and family, but it is quite pricey for high schoolers to go to lunch there.

Dining at Evviva Cucina was very enjoyable and extremely laid back. The cool atmosphere was very relaxing and the quick staff brought and ordered the food fast and hot.

Overall, I would give Evviva Cucina 9 out of 10 stars. Both the food and service were great. The dishes were served hot and quick, while the staff members gave friendly smiles throughout the whole dining experience.