WA hosts second blood drive for Roberge

The poster for the upcoming blood drive.

Hannah McGrath, Staff Writer

Donating is a volunteer service that many people take part in whether it’s giving clothes, furniture, or even food, it can brighten someone’s day. Most donations are materialistic, but donating something that helps you live to another human for their benefit might make you feel even better.

Westford Academy will be holding another blood drive on March 16th 2016 for Matt Roberge, hosted by HOSA.

This blood drive will be the 4th blood drive that HOSA has hosted and over 20th blood drive hosted at WA. This is the second drive they have hosted in support of the Matt Roberge fund.

HOSA hosts two blood drives each year, a tradition that began last year.

The blood drive will run from 8am to 1pm. Students will have an appointment time and will have to report to the auxiliary gymnasium in time for their given appointment. Volunteer students are expected to eat a healthy breakfast and drink water throughout the day.

There are around 30 volunteers currently signed up.

“We really need to have 70-80 signed up for its success. They hope to beat the fall drive – with more than 65 pints,” said Dean Betsy Murphy. 

When asked if they have seen an increase in volunteers, Murphy responded, “We’d like to, but it’s steady.”

They hope to beat the fall drive that they hosted for Roberge in the fall, in which they collected 65 pints.

HOSA and Mrs. Murphy are hoping for a great turn out and an appearance from Matt.

According to Murphy, Roberge has just finished his last treatment and if he is feeling up to it, he will hope to make an appearance at the blood drive on Wednesday.