Jimmy’s Pizza hits the spot

Ben Walker, Staff Writer

Recently, The Ghostwriter dined at Jimmy’s Pizza, a restaurant in Chelmsford, MA. This pizzeria is located on 2 Alpine Lane, right near the town center. Jimmy’s Pizza has many choices on their menu that you may look for in a typical pizzeria.

When we first walked in, we noticed a semi-open kitchen and two sections of seating. One side with tables and chairs, which was closer to the entrance, and another side with booths. We decided to sit in the booths section, seeking an area away from the entrance. There were also a few televisions mounted on the surrounding walls.

The ordering process was fairly easy, however we were a bit disappointed that we could not order single slices of pizza. Therefore, we ordered a small meat lovers pizza along with a large order of chicken tenders, and a large order of fries. We also purchased an iced tea and a lemonade from their many choices of refrigerated drinks. The total cost came out to be about $32.00.

All of our food came out in about ten minutes, and for the most part, all at once.

The meat lovers pizza

The meat lovers pizza

First, we sampled the small meat lovers pizza. This was topped with pepperoni, sausage, hamburger, and bacon. Although we could not order single pizza slices, the small was definitely a reasonable size. The pizza had great sauce and and even better crust, along with plenty of meat toppings. The toppings were all evenly distributed, which made the meal even better. Jimmy’s is definitely a good option if you are ever in the mood for a few slices of pizza.

Next, we tried the chicken tenders. These had awesome flavor, plenty of crisp, and a great long lasting taste. We also liked that large was not too big, however, we do recommend that you share it with another person. You can’t go wrong by ordering chicken from Jimmy’s.

After the chicken, we sampled the french fries. All in all, we were pretty disappointed with them. They needed quite a bit of salt, and that only made the taste a little better. Also, although they had a crispy outside, the inside was very dry, even with ketchup, which made us slug down our beverages. We recommend avoiding the fries and maybe ordering something else from the diverse menu that Jimmy’s has to offer.

Overall, we would give Jimmy’s Pizza 4 out of 5 stars. For the most part, the food was tasty and left us with full stomachs. If you are ever in the mood for a quick bite to eat, you should highly consider Jimmy’s. We would without a doubt, come back to eat here again.

Jimmy’s Pizza is open seven days a week until 10pm, except on Fridays, when it is open until 11pm. They can be reached at 978-250-8100, and they will even deliver straight to your doorstep.

Check out a photo gallery of the food we tried at Jimmy’s Pizza.