Concord-Carlisle beats out WA Boys’ Tennis

By Kai-Lou Yue
News Editor

WA Boys’ Tennis team faced off against Concord-Carlisle this afternoon in a close match, but was ultimately defeated with a final score of 2-3.

The match started off with three singles matches and two doubles matches. Varsity members and juniors Michael Colomb and Christian Colomb lost fairly early on in the match although both were close. Christian lost 5-7 and 4-6, and Michael lost 4-6 for both games.

Varsity member junior Anant Agrawal also played in the singles matches. Although his match lasted longer than the Colombs’, the margin of point difference was slightly greater. He lost 2-6 and 3-6.

For the first doubles match, freshman Saudip Manna and Team Captain senior Arjun Prakash played together. They won by a large point difference, 6-2 both games, and were one of the first matches to finish.

In the other doubles match, tennis Team Captain senior Aditya Parmar teamed up with junior Neehath Malisetty, and they won in a very close match. The two won the first round 6-4, but lost to the other team 5-7 in the next game. Consequently, the pair went onto a tie breaker, which they closely won with a score of 11-9. 

Although the team lost, Parmar still felt that the team tried their best.

“I like the effort that the team put out there, and I’m happy with how we did despite the loss. We played hard and we’ve had a good season so far,” he said.

[doptg id=”160″]