Dream Diner fulfills dreams

One plate of home fries
One plate of home fries

By Ben Walker

The Ghostwriter recently dined at the Dream Diner, located at 384 Middlesex road, in Tyngsboro. The diner was opened in 1997 and offers many great meals for people with different tastes.

When we first walked in for breakfast, it was extremely busy. However, we were seated immediately. The layout of the diner consisted of several booths, as well as a counter in front of the kitchen area. There was classic 50’s music playing as well as old photos around the diner.

The menu had many breakfast options to choose from; all the way from pancakes to eggs benedict. There are enough options that everyone can find something that they enjoy.

Ordering was quite simple and our waitress was very helpful and friendly. We ordered two drinks, milk and orange juice, two plates of home fries, two plates of bacon, three chocolate chip pancakes, and a sausage egg and cheese sandwich on a toasted bagel.

For the most part, all of our food came out fast and at once.

First, we tasted the home fries. Overall, they were very good. They were full of flavor and tasty seasoning, but some of them were a bit too greasy for our liking.

Next, we tried the bacon. This was probably the highlight of our entire meal. The bacon consisted of great flavor, plenty of juiciness and crisp, and had just the right amount of fat to make our taste buds buzz.

After the bacon, we tried the chocolate chip pancakes. They were very tasty and had lots of flavor, but a few more chocolate chips would have made them even better. Although they were tasty, the pancakes were quite large and therefore they were difficult to finish. We recommend only ordering two.

Three chocolate chip pancakes
Three chocolate chip pancakes

Finally, we sampled the sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich on a toasted bagel. Overall, it was very tasty. It was a good size with plenty of sausage as well as plenty of egg. Both the sausage and the egg had great flavor and the sausage was full of juiciness. The bagel was toasted to perfection which made the sandwich even more enjoyable.

When we were finished with our meal, we were given our check. We thought these prices were pretty fair, not too expensive for what we had ordered. Our total was just under thirty-five dollars.

The paying process was sort of different than a usual diner. Rather than giving money to the waitress or waiter, customers at the Dream Diner go up to the front counter and pay the cashier from there. However, we did not have to do that as our waitress volunteered to do it for us.

Overall, we enjoyed our experience at the Dream Diner. The ordering and paying processes were easy, the staff was friendly, and most importantly, the food was great. We would give the Dream Diner 4.5 stars out of 5. If you are ever in the mood to go out to breakfast, you should definitely try the Dream Diner.

Dream Diner is open every day from 7am to 2pm and is just five minutes away from the Pheasant Lane Mall. They can be reached at 978-649-7097. They can also be found at their website.

Check out this photo gallery by Andrew Friel! 

[doptg id=145]