Valentine’s Day Gift Guide

By Ciara Barstow

Valentine's Day Teddy Bear
Valentine’s Day Teddy Bear

Finding the right gift for your Valentine can be all but easy. Whether it’s a secret crush or your sworn lovebird, here’s a wish list to guide your purchases in the right direction.

Gifts for women:

1: Assorted Chocolates

Chocolate is the go-to gift for any occasion, partly because it’s simply delicious. A really well-planned gift of assorted chocolates is a sweet treat for anyone; friend, lover, or crush! You can find selections at almost any store, but mixing up the magic in your home kitchen is just as appropriate.

2: Stuffed Animal / Plushy

A teddy giant bear is a significant romantic gesture, but if your relationship isn’t that serious, go for a smaller but sensible alternative.

3: Necklace

Jewelry such as marriage rings are known to win the hearts of lovers, but a simple heart-shaped necklace or thoughtful bracelet can easily do the same.

4: Personalized Valentine Heart Canvas

When pictures tell a million words, here’s to those we speak the least.

5: “Hug Me” Throw Pillow

A throw pillow serves not only decoration, but a comfortable piece, (of furniture, even) and a huggable gesture. The message is perfect for any relationship, too!

6: Bath and Body Works

Sweet aromas are in season as Valentines Day creeps closer. Bath and Body Works’ scents are always up to date and immensely popular! For friends and family alike, the collections are always a hit. Visit the mall for the selections of perfumes, lotions, shower gels, and more.

7: Movie Tickets

Event Tickets in general are a good idea. To begin with, choosing an event or letting your partner choose with the charge on you allows you to spend time with your valentine, and is bound to forge memories to keep forever.

8: Sweet Mugs

A practical but caring gift, find a pair that fits your valentine’s “cup of tea”.

9: Flowers

To all those who believe in the cliche of flowers, especially roses, as a gift: change of plans. Flowers are a surprise – later. Unless it’s an addition, girls would usually much rather be surprised by flowers on random occasions, which spice up a relationship and keep the “valentine attitude” alive. Try Edible Arrangements for a better selection.

10: Potted Plant

Having trouble getting your roots into a relationship? Give your partner a plant. Cacti such as succulents are durable, easy to keep, and harder to kill. On a holiday full of cliche, don’t be afraid to break tradition and present your crush with a houseplant.

11: Dinner

One of the most romantic gestures you can give to your crush is a romantic dinner. If you’re not skilled in the kitchen, make an effort and recruit some help from friends. Everyone values a partner who can cook, so candle-lit or not, this will boost you out of the friend zone for sure.

12: Mall Gift Card

Girls can be hard to find gifts for. Although gift cards sometimes come off as indifferent or effortless, attach a valentine’s card with a sweet message written and she’ll appreciate the donation a lot more.

13: Edible Treats

Edible traditions don’t have to be limited to chocolates, especially considering the variety of things you can do. A kitchen craft of your own is a good choice to impress your crush.

14 : Handmade Valentine!

This is an essential piece to any gift this holiday, and if thoughtful enough, can serve as a whole gift as one. Write in a line from Shakespeare or Taylor Swift, and win the heart of whomever you send it to. Since text messages and emails are so easy, put some creativity and effort into the craft. Here’s a link to help you out with ideas:

http://www.woohome.com/diy-2/25-easy-diy-valentines-day-gift-and-card-ideas

Gifts for guys:

1: Scarves

With the winter weather as brash as it is, anyone could appreciate the warmth this fashionable gift will provide. Scarves are not only in style, but also serve as a cozy garment appropriate for the season.

2: Sweet Mugs

Matching mugs like these are sweet, but are practical as well. If coffee isn’t your cup of tea, try warming up with hot chocolate. In season and style, this gift will apply all year round.

3: iTunes Gift Card

Buy your partner “your song”, and have a dance party with him and friends. What better memories can you create than spontaneous dancing and singing? Put enough on the card for a couple songs, but reserve one slot for your special jam.

4: Earphones

Accompany an iTunes gift card with a pair of earphones, so that he can listen to “your song” whenever he so pleases.

5: Dinner

They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Take the chance to take him out, your treat and his choice.

6: Handmade Valentine

Again, this is a key piece for a gift. Take a line from one of his favorite songs, write a small note, and give it some spice to let him know it’s dedicated solely for him.

8: Framed Picture

Capture a moment to remember in a picture, preferably with you and him together. A picture does speak a million words. Keep the memories alive by taking a quality picture and framing it.

9: Gloves

Winter season is a beast this year. Make sure his hands are kept warm with a practical gift like gloves when you’re not there to hold them.

10: Event Tickets

See a show together, go on a date, see a play, go to a concert, have fun! Adventure is the key to life.

11: Plushy

A keepsake for any relationship, a stuffed plushy is bound to share the love.

12: Personalized Phone Charger

To get through the day, we need some extra energy. Unfortunately, coffee doesn’t do the same for our phones as it does for us on those busy days. Give him a personality-fit charger to keep him on the go.

13: Cologne / Body Spray

A classy cologne tells your partner you acknowledge him as a man.

14: Personality Fitted Gift

A personalized gift says the most about the receiver. For a friend who wants to be a writer, try fancy pens and paper, with a little poem written inside. For an artist, try supplies and colors. The same can be said for any hobby, so go out on a limb and search however you wish! Click the link for ideas:

http://www.gifts.com/valentines-day/woman/nC0yuP