Mock accident leaves impression

Firefighters rescue students from the crushed car

By Alok Ganguly
Public Relations

On Wednesday, May 28th, seniors at WA were treated to a different kind of presentation than what they might be used to. A mock accident scene was constructed out on the WA track, made up of with two battered cars transported from a junkyard.

Seniors Jake Martin, Sam Frackleton, Kalie Boyd, Kelsey Anderson, Luke Moran, Brian Uram, Ali Luther and Nairi Hovsepian were selected to participate in the acting out of the scene. They all had specific roles, and make-up was applied by juniors Katie Mitrano and Samantha Turner to make them look bruised and bloody, as if the accident had actually happened. One of the cars contained students being driven by a driver under the influence, and the other was filled with innocent students.

The scene began with the unveiling of the two vehicles directly after a collision, accompanied by chilling screams from the students who were awake after the crash. After the initial shock, Uram got out of the car and notified 911, who arrived moments later. During this, Moran and Martin, the latter playing the role of the drunk driver, began arguing over what had occurred.

After a few minutes, a police car, an ambulance, and a fire engine arrived on scene. The police officers proceeded to talk to the students and try to find out what happened, and paramedics began trying to determine the extent of the injuries some of the students had suffered. Luther’s leg was stuck under the mangled hood of the car and was rescued by firefighters wielding the “Jaws of Life”, a mechanism designed to move the crushed metal door out of the way to save people trapped within a vehicle.

At the same time, paramedics moved the body of Frackleton who died in the crash. Simultaneously,  Martin was given a sobriety test and was subsequently arrested. Soon an ambulance took away Luther, whose leg was gravely injured in the crash. The rest of the students walked off scene and all of the vehicles left the area as a funeral hearse appeared to transport Frackleton’s body away from the scene.

View Comments (1)