Preview: Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys

By Nick DiNatale
Music Editor

With the release of their highly anticipated fourth full-length album still over a month away, alternative-rock act My Chemical Romance released their second single from the album yesterday. Titled “The Only Hope For Me Is You”, the new single contrasts their first single, “Na Na Na”, which has more of a raw and rebellious sound. The newly released track gives the band less of a punk-rock vibe, and instead, one that is mellower and a lot closer to the My Chemical Romance of years past. “The Only Hope For Me Is You” is more comparable to tracks from The Black Parade such as “Famous Last Words” and “Sleep”, while “Na Na Na” is closest to the band’s cover of Bob Dylan’s “Desolation Row”.

With what has been released so far, Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys is shaping up to have a lot in common with 2004’s Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge, with a brand new, more mature spin on things. The album will have fifteen songs on it; a number which can almost justify the four year gap between The Black Parade and Danger Days, which can be expected on November 22nd. However, even with a release date just over the horizon, questions surrounding the band are still left to be answered. Questions that include who their new drummer will be, whether Gerard Way’s hair will remain bright red, and when the band will be touring in the United States. Stay tuned.