14 films to fall for

By Abigail Cianciolo, Lauren Cullen, and Kathleen McAleese
Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editors

Tear-Jerkers

Dear John

This heart-wrenching film based on the book by Nicholas Sparks will be sure to bring tears to your eyes. Perfect for girls’ night with your friends.

A Walk to Remember

Another Nicholas Sparks story, this one will make you cry more than the last. Due to the extremely sad nature of this movie, it probably isn’t a good date night movie, but it is definitely a good pick for girls’ night.

Up

This adorable Pixar movie has its emotional ups and downs. Up is a good pick for date night, or for a casual hangout with all of your friends.

Titanic

Even if you’ve already seen Titanic, it is still a classic love story that is worth watching again with either your friends or your date. Leonardo Dicaprio’s cuteness is just an added bonus.

The Notebook

An all-time favorite for almost every teenage girl. The Notebook is sure to not only bring tears to your eyes, but also warm your heart.

Romantic Comedies

How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days

This movie is sure to leave you laughing. It centers around Kate Hudson as an advice columnist trying to alienate Mattew McConaughey so he will break up with her. Definitely not your typical love story.

Valentine’s Day

Packed with stars, this comedy is revolved around several different people and their varying experiences on Valentine’s Day. When the stories intertwine you will be guaranteed a laugh.

Crazy Stupid Love

This movie is packed with funny moments, especially with actors Steve Carell and Emma Stone. Ryan Gosling is also a plus.

27 Dresses

Katherine Heigl takes on the role of the best friend bridesmaid who helps everyone else out on their wedding day but never has time to work on her own love life. That is until she meets James Marsden’s character, a journalist writing a story about the 27 weddings Heigl has been a bridesmaid in. Will their romance make the headlines?

The Proposal

Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds are sure to bring a load of laughter to your holiday. This clever movie about an unconventional proposal, the pair, of course, ultimately fall in love but not without a few hilarious schemes along the way.

Fever Pitch

For all those athletic couples out there, Fever Pitch is a great choice for a great romantic comedy about a man’s love for baseball and his girlfriend. This movie stars Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore.

Out of Love Stories

The Break-Up

Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn are going through the opposite situation that most couples hope to be in on valentines day, a break-up. The couple goes through the struggles of lost love throughout the movie, but you’ll have to watch the film to find out the couple’s happy or sad ending.

500 Days of Summer

If you’re looking for a great movie to cry to, 500 Days of Summer is the one for you. Pull out your tissues and jump of the emotional adventure of Joseph Gordon-Levitt as he pursues his love, Summer, played by Zooey Deschanel.

Blue Valentine

Another movie starring Ryan Gosling, it is definitely  not your typical love story. The movie starts off with the two main characters in love, and then throughout the movie they fall out of love. Worth watching if you are bitter about Valentine’s  Day.