Chamber Music named Winner and State Finalist

Zachary Webert

Chamber Music, the Westford Academy Theater Arts’ submission to the Massachusetts Drama Guild State Festival, was declared winner during the Semi Final Round of the competition on Saturday March 13, 2010.  WATA will now advance to the State Finals to be held in Boston at the John Hancock during the dates of March 25th to March 27th.  This great achievement was accomplished through a collective effort from the technical theater team as well as the actors and actresses that participated in the production.

Beyond the initial success of moving onto the next round in the competition, the WATA Set Design Team was named to the All Star Cast for Excellence in Technical Theater: Set Design.  The team was composed of Kate Sulka, Jordan Welch, Dan Bubin, Bobby Esposito, and Emily Moler.

In addition to the Set Design Team’s all star recognition, the Costume Design Team was also named to the All Star Cast for Excellence in Technical Theater: Costume Design.  The team members include Liza Gosselin, Karilyn Howe, Lizzy Benway and Carter McAlister.

Furthermore, two actresses from the Westford Academy production were recognized for Excellence in acting and named to the All Star Cast.  Both Kristen McCusker and Jennifer Torto were the recipients of this honor.

The Theater Arts department will present Chamber Music one last time at Westford Academy on Tuesday, Mach 23rd at 8:00 PM.  Be sure to support this all-star cast of WA students as they prepare to compete for the State title.