Ghosts Dog the Wolf Pack

By Danielle Victory

Week three of basketball was strong for the Varsity Girls Team. The Ghosts defeated the Boston Latin Wolf Pack 56-25 on Tuesday night. The win of both the freshman and Junior Varsity teams before them encouraged the varsity to acheive victory. The Grey Ghosts quickly took the lead and had Boston calling a time-out less than half way through the first quarter.

Rachel Secrist had assists to Asia Ewing throughout the game. Defense by Westford Academy kept the Wolf Pack to two points in the first quarter while clean passing got the Ghosts eighteen points.

The Ghosts only fouled a total of nine times. This is a great improvement for the team since last game the team fouled more than ten times each half.

The defense led seamlessly into an unselfish offense. No girl was taking advantage of a steal when another player down court was better positioned and wide opene. This week’s game was well rounded offensively and defensively.

The next time the lady ghosts take on an opponent will be on Sunday in the Christmas Tournament at Masconomet High School in Boxford. It is a two day tournament stretching from this Sunday to the following Tuesday. Last year the team won all of the games during this tournament. The girls are hoping to be just as successful this year.

Correction: Originally printed Rachel Cloutier. Corrected 1/7/2010 Rachel Secrist.